Responsive web design basically means that your site adapts to fit whatever screen it’s on whether it’s tablet, your mobile phone or a desktop. Regardless of device, site visitors can access your site easily and see all of the content that you have to offer.
But why should you care about mobile responsive design? How does it impact your SEO efforts?
Join me as I interview Josh Byers from Copyblogger Media to discuss:
- What responsive design means.
- The difference between responsive design versus having a web app.
- Why responsive design is good for SEO and usability–and why this matters to you.
- How Google ranks sites optimized for mobile higher in mobile searches.
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
(Duration = 20:08 | 19.3 MB)
Other ways to listen:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 19.3 MB | 20:08 (Right click and hit “save as”)
- Subscribe via Email
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Buy the book, Responsive Web Design by Ethan Marcotte.
- Follow Josh Byers on Twitter.
- Learn more about Josh Byers from his website.
- Further reading: The Beginner’s Guide to Mobile Responsive Design.