A lot of the industry is focused on transaction ready consumers. And that makes sense.
Invest in lead-buy programs that can yield results and pay for the bills now.
But one company has always been really interested in how people actually get to that phase in the first place. That company is Doorsteps.
Join me as I talk to Greg Fischer who leads Content Acquisition and Partnerships at realtor.com rentals as well as Partnerships at Doorsteps.
We’re not talking Pay-Per-Click or IDX lead generation strategies in this episode but we do discuss the lifetime value of a real estate customer and how targeting consumers who are in the rental stage can provide many more conversion opportunities.
This is a long-term lead generation strategy. One that Scott Schang has implemented well (you can listen to his interview here).
Join us as we discuss:
- How a more informed buyer is a more confident buyer
- The lifetime value of a real estate customer
- How “rentals” provide so much more conversion opportunity to real estate professionals
- Why Greg’s target market was renters when he opened his brokerage (hint: he focused on renters because his goal was to provide value up until these same people were ready to become homebuyers)
- Why consumer education is an important and effective long-term play
- Why it’s critical to establish goals and metrics very early on in your business
Click the flashplayer below to listen in:
Or listen to this episode on SoundCloud:
Other ways to listen:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 36.4 MB | 37:54 (Right click and hit “save as”)
- Subscribe via Email
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via SoundCloud
- Subscribe via RSS
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving a rating and review! It’ll just take 30 seconds and you can find step-by-step instructions here.
Thank you! I really appreciate it!
- Doorsteps for Real Estate Professionals
- Follow Greg on Twitter @gregofisch